Friday, June 18, 2010

Off for a While

Today I am going (hope they don't mind the Mustang) with two friends to check out some hills around Redding.
I look forward to getting myself busy. I need out. I am so out of it lately, my eyes feel as if they have sand in them. JUST BONE TIRED.
This will be good for me and them too.
We are going to the Veterans Cemetery, Gwena has not been there and Darlene since they started building it.
I was there about two years ago, the summer of the BIG FIRES.
I am then taking them to Zogg Mine Road to drive. It is a beautiful drive. VERY COUNTRY.
Very. In fact some spots on the road are too narrow for two cars to pass and you can rest assured I will not be the one backing up to let someone pass. (I HOPE)
I also plan to take them to the Placer Bridge, a site for free jumping. (not sure they allow it but it is high enough). There are lots of places to pull over and enjoy the view of the valley.
We have our cameras ready.
From there on I am not sure, we will be back when we get back. That is all I know. We all have our cell phones.
Gwena may have to be home by three but it would be nice to just go and stop whenever and leave whenever.
Ruby has an appointment at 3 but she was trying to get Kay or Lori to take her.
I will do whatever she wants. Memaws appointments are not optional.
No Stress on anyone.

We will have lunch out and I have water and Green tea in the cooler.
I know it is not much but just to get out of this house and have "NO Particular Place to Go".
This will be good for the spirit and God knows my spirit needs a lift.
This is our day of rest and camaraderie.

Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Hope you have a truly WONDERFUL Day... We are taking mom and dad to the Purple Hull Pea Festival on the 26th.. That was alot of fun last year... Trying to talk mom into entering the pea shelling contest...