Monday, November 24, 2014

Thankful

Thankful? For What?
So many, things. NO ONE can name them all.
Right now I am wishing I could get the wonderful Sea Salt Caramel off my fingers. YUM!!!
Uh OH now it is on David's Paperwork. Whoops.

We were considering loading up the Motor home and Driving to YC and parking for a few days.

But instead we began lots of needed work,
Today began with yard work. LOTs of work, I was (Was) just going to mow outside the fence and beside the HUGE Walnut tree, but I just kept going and going and going., You know, Like the energizer Bunny.
 I cut out a huge mulberry stump, I trimmed up the Privet hedge. I mowed the front yard, I even blew millions of leaves out of the rock border, (with my mower).
David in the meantime was trying to burn our pile of debris.

And This is Thanksgiving Week!!!

When you live on 6 acres,  You  need lots of trimming and burning and cleaning up.
Our lawn boy has not called or shown up in a while but that is OK, We are doing fine. May not move a muscle tomorrow but at least some of our work is done.
And this is Thanksgiving Week!!

So what do you do what at 2:30 in the morning you wake with a song from childhood stirring your brain?
I tried to shake it off, I  tried to turn it down but Little Jeanette's voice was still singing,
 "How Far is Heaven,
When can I go,
To see my Daddy,
 He's there I know,
How far is Heaven
lets go tonight,
I want my Daddy to Hold me tight."

When we first sang that I was about 11 and she was about 6. We let her take the lead on the chorus as it was so fitting to our life. I always wept as I saw the tears in her eyes as she sang.
Yes I grew up singing in church.
We, The Brown girls sang at nearly every service.
Our Mama was so proud. We only wished Daddy could have heard us, and Maybe he did.
That song has followed me all day. As I mowed, As I used the chain saw, As I threw debris on the fire.
(Debris which kicked back on me and now I have a bloody lip)
However If David is out working I am RIGHT beside him.

So This is Thanksgiving week
 All this is what I am so  thankful  for, Without this the rest would not be here.
That  is what I am most thankful for. I still have my Love in my life. We are each others best friend and after 51 years it is so important to daily functioning.
I think of him, He thinks of me. I worry about him, He checks on me.
Every fiber of our being is here for each other

So How far is Heaven,? 
 Its only a Prayer Away, A heartbeat away. A breath away.




No comments: